Take a close look at where you invest your money!
We can easily fall in love with a property where we can picture our future.
That is half the battle, but don't make a hasty decision you'll regret later.
An expert eye is required to identify technical and architectural problems.
Why is this particularly important?
Limits and possibilities
There are usually more potential in a house than you think! However, it comes with properties that cannot be altered. It is worth taking a closer look through the eyes of an expert before making such a big decision.
Is the freshly painted wall just decoration, or does it cover an issue? Is this crack a harmless movement or a structural problem? You not only have to spend a lot of money on a home in poor condition, but it will be more difficult to sell later.
Does this property officially exist? Does it comply with the regulations? Will it be possible to extend it legally in the future? Get a clear picture, as banks will only grant mortgages if the legal background is clean.
A property is usually chosen for decades. What makes it liveable and sustainable later on? This point of view is equally important if you treat the purchase as an investment.
How can a Home inspector help?
- If you are about to buy a property, I will help you make an informed decision.
- With my advice, you can choose the best-located, most livable and optimal apartment or house from the numerous real estate advertisements in less time.
- Together we look at the selected home from a technical, legal and architectural perspective. You will get the full picture before making one of the biggest decisions of your life.
- This is not only important for awareness, but can also be useful when negotiating the price! You can save more money during the negotiation than the price of the home inspection service.
Sounds good? If you want to remember this page, email the link to yourself or your partner!
If you are facing any problems, you can count on me!
Where should I start?
During the consultation, we discuss your goals, expectations and options. Then you will know exactly what kind of house to look for, where and how big!
Time-wasting house listings
If you already know what you are looking for, I will help you avoid spending time viewing properties without potential.
Bernadett MicskeiArchitect and certified real estate appraiser
I attended a bilingual technical secondary school for construction, receiving not only theoretical but also practical training. To this day, I still prefer building to cooking.
I completed my studies at the Budapest University of Technology (BME) as an MSc architect specializing in construction and then obtained a qualification as a real estate appraiser. I'm a member of the Hungarian Real Estate Association (MAISZ).
During my more than ten years of professional experience, I worked in all areas of the building industry: from planning through construction of office buildings to project management of several thousand square meter commercial properties.
My homebuying was also an instructive case that could have gone wrong without a professional background, from the lack of a use permission to the raising of the neighbor's chimney.
Prices (including VAT)
Home inspection + legal check
250 € / home
- Preliminary legal inspection of the property documents before visiting (see Legal check)
- Up to 175 m2 usable (walkable) area, above that please request a quote
- On-site inspection (60-120 minutes)
- Inspection of all rooms from the basement to the attic
- Discussion of experiences at the end of the visit (approx. 30 minutes)
- Handover of a report and photos in 5 working days that provide a solid basis for price negotiations.
- No travel costs within a 30 km radius of Budapest's Rákóczi Bridge, outside of that distance-based travel costs
75 € Ft / hour
Personal consultation tailored to your needs, for example in the following topics:
- Clarification of needs and financial possibilities
- Recommendations on which aspects should be taken into account when searching
- Typical mistakes for the type of property you are looking for and how you can avoid them
- Evaluating the real estate ads you have selected to save time and effort
- Suggestion which ad is worth viewing in person
- In Budapest in person, or online
- Legal background check
- Home inspection
100 € / home
- Examination of the legal status of the residential property
- Checking the property sheet and extract from the cadastral maps
- Checking local building regulations
- Includes the service fee for property sheets (2 x 3,000 HUF)
- Written report of the results within 5 working days via email
- Home inspection
Frequently Asked Questions
Start here and save time. If you have any further questions, please contact me to discuss together what you need.
It makes sense to inspect a house after you have already viewed it, are considering buying, but have yet to make an offer (in Hungary, an offer is usually not negotiable afterward).
Coordinating appointments with the seller and the real estate agent is your task and responsibility. Please inform the person concerned about the date of the inspection and its conditions (cancellation policy) and that you are bringing an expert this time. This is important information for them. If they are reluctant to agree, it is certainly not a coincidence. Also, make them aware that photos will be taken of the property and that we would like to view every room from the basement to the attic and ask them to provide access (keys, ladder)!
There are no buildings where spending is not required – it is just a question of how much and when. Building defects can be very diverse: there are past defects, present defects and future defects, as well as visible and hidden defects as well as design, construction and material defects.
The inspection is carried out by visual inspection assisted by measuring devices. The current owner will certainly not allow any destructive examination. Furthermore, we usually cannot go onto the roof (we can go into the attic) and it may happen that we cannot even look at the facade on the property border from the neighboring property.
It is impossible to uncover all of the defects in a building because we cannot take a look inside the structure and, due to a lack of sufficient documentation of past construction and maintenance work as well as troubleshooting interventions, only indirect conclusions are possible.
In practice, the purpose of the inspection is to see through the lens of an engineering expert under what financial conditions, with what attitude (economic, homemade, careful) the property in question was built and therefore what future can be expected.
The floor area of 175 square meters applies to all usable areas that can be viewed (according to the building permit, with garage and terrace). Reduced area information can often be seen in real estate advertisements. If you are unsure about the size of the property, please email me with the available details.
Of course, I am also happy to help with larger or special properties. Please contact me by email and I will provide a custom quote for you based on the size of the property.
The sample contract contains the detailed contract and cancellation conditions, which you can find here.
If the date or the property changes after booking, please let me know by email and we will find a solution.